Sunday, March 11, 2012

Addendums

More 2011 goodness... Inevitably, I have to post these "year-end" and "best-of" lists without listening to EVERYTHING I could quite possibly be interested in listening to. I listened to a lot of new music last year, but I'm not a music critic by trade (just an asshole with an internet connection...). It's always nice to find gems that I missed. Here are a couple.


Monoculture

Sainthood Reps - Monoculture. Really great album. Obvious throwbacks to bands like The Jesus Lizard and Unsane make it instantly addictive. The band definitely takes on a style of their own though. These guys opened for O'Brother in Columbus, and were surprisingly the highlight of the night.

AVAILABILITY: CD . Vinyl . Digital


Monoculture at Audiotree Live:




Aokigahara

The Nocturnes - Aokigahara. Quite different than A Year of Spring, but still very enjoyable (if you can enjoy being sad...) :) Emma continues to amaze me (Red Sparowes, The Nocturnes, and solo material) with her diverse stylings. Speaking of which, please check out her solo material. No 1 nearly made my top 25 list...

AVAILABILITY: Vinyl . Digital (free!)


The Cradle:




No comments:

Post a Comment